With most sewing projects, you end up with some left over fabric, and finding something useful to make with these scraps can sometimes take a bit of imagination. I wanted something to be able to hold a couple of cards but was small enough to attach to my keys or slip into a pocket so I didn’t have to take my purse or bag around with me. Here is my easy card holder sewing pattern.
Easy Card Holder Sewing Pattern Instructions.
You can find the pattern at the bottom of the post..
What you need:
- 2 different materials
- Elastic for loop
- Cut out the pattern pieces with the inside the contrasting material
- Cut out the loop rectangle
- Fold in half and press
- Unfold the material
- Fold each side into the middle
- Fold in half and sew down each side
- thread through the loop and sew 3/4 inch from ring
- Hem the pockets
- Middle Pocket : Create a 1/4 inch hem on both sides and along the top.
- Side Pockets: Create a 1/4 inch hem across the top
- Align Middle Pocket
- Pin and sew along each side leaving top and bottom open
- Align each of the side pockets
- Sew along sides and bottom. Leaving top open.
- Create a 1/4 hem to top of inside piece
- Fold pocket bottom under and sew
- Fold in half wrong side together and sew down on the side to create the middle pocket
- Sew along bottom of middle pocket to close.
- Tack the keyring loop to the top of the outer just left of center.
- Create a loop with elastic and tack to the side of the same side of the loop.
Step 8 :
- Open up each side to lay flat
- Place outer and inside right side together.
- Sew around to join together leaving a gap to allow to turn right side around.
- Add button
- Sew the gap left closed.
Hope you enjoy making this pattern.
Disclaimer :*** This pattern is an original by me, Faith Stephenson. You are welcome to use this pattern but please do not claim this pattern as your own.
If you wish to share this pattern, you can link this pattern but please do not reprint it to your site.
You may keep a copy of this pattern for personal use but you may not sell this pattern. ***